Life! is a free healthy lifestyle program coordinated by Diabetes Victoria. It helps you improve eating habits, increase physical activity and manage stress. GMHBA members are invited to join for a group course at the end of September.
If you are keen to find out more and think you may be eligible, register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your name and best contact number.
Life!'s experienced health professionals will help you make small changes to your lifestyle so that you can achieve your health goals and reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
You may be eligible for the Life! program if you are:
- 18 years or over and have a body mass index score of 25 or higher (23 or higher if you are of Asian descent). Calculate your BMI at org.au/bmi-calculator
- 18 years or over and have been diagnosed with one or more of the following conditions:
- Heart disease or stroke
- Diabetes during pregnancy
- Kidney disease (stage 3 or more)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- High blood glucose levels
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- 45 years or over (or 35 years or over when of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent) and have an Absolute Risk score of 10% or over when referred by a GP clinic.