Things change, so it’s a good idea to review your cover from time to time to make sure it’s still the best fit for your current health and financial needs.
You might need a cover review if you:
- Have changed who is covered on your policy
- Have changing health needs
- Are planning to start a family in the near future
- Max out your extras limits early every year
- Feel like you aren’t getting value from your extras
- No longer require pregnancy cover
- Your financial circumstances have changed (this could impact your Medicare Levy Surcharge, Rebate entitlements or locking in your Certified Age of Entry)
What changes can be made to my cover?
You can change Hospital tiers, excess levels or add/remove/change the level of your extras. You can add or remove people from your policy to make a single, family, single parent or couple policy.
When considering reviewing your hospital cover, we recommend a personalised chat with our customer service team. They may discuss with you:
- Hospital cover and Lifetime Health Cover loading (LHC)
- Hospital cover and Tax (MLS)
- Hospital and Extras cover and waiting periods
- Tiers or levels of hospital cover
Important things to know
Health insurance is exactly that – insurance. When deciding what to add, increase limits or remove services from your policy, it’s important to consider cover for possible unexpected health needs, not only the things you plan to claim.
When upgrading your cover:
- You will need to serve waiting periods for any newly included services or increased limits.
- Any benefits already paid under your previous level of extras cover still count toward your new cover limits. Annual limits reset on 1 January each year and Lifetime limits still apply.
- If you downgrade or reduce your cover, and need/decide to upgrade later, you'll need to reserve waiting periods for the upgraded services or increased limits. You'll remain covered for any services you've already served your waiting period for, provided they're included on your new cover.
How to review your cover
Call our friendly customer service team on 1300 446 422 and ask for a cover review.