It's hard to beat a slow cooked dinner. Pop it on in the morning or at lunch time and it will be full of flavour and ready for dinner! GMHBA's resident nutritionist, Mel Bald, takes us through her easy recipe for soy braised chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- 1kg chicken thighs, skinless
- 2-3 large carrots
- 1 brown onion
- ½ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & crushed
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- Heat your slow cooker on high setting.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl or jug and set aside.
- Dice the onion and carrots.
- Place the carrot and onion in the base of the slow cooker, followed by the chicken thighs.
- Pour the sauce over the top to caot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve with rice and vegetables or salad.