Smart snacking doesn't have to be hard!
This simple recipe for roasted chickpeas will help with healthy eating habits when you're craving a snack.
- 1 x 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoons ground tumeric
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Place well drained chickpeas between sheets of paper towel and pat gently to absorb water taking care not to rub off skins.
- Transfer to a large tray lined with baking paper; spread chickpeas evenly in a single layer.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes until chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy in the centre. Cool and can store for several days in an airtight container.