The “GMHBA Member Lounge” at St John of God Geelong Hospital is an initiative designed to support GMHBA members admitted as in-patients receiving treatment at St John of God Geelong Hospital and their families/carers.
We know that being in hospital can be an extremely stressful time. Patients and their families/carers are given a lot of information, are in unfamiliar territory and as a result, often feel anxious, vulnerable and overwhelmed.
Our GMHBA Member Lounge will provide a space on Level 2 of the St John of God Geelong Hospital in an innovative local service offering unlike anything else in the region.
With 24 hour swipe card access for members and their families/carers, the GMHBA Member Lounge will offer:
- A neutral space for members and their families/carers to gather whilst admitted as an in-patient at the hospital
- A unique space available to members and their families/carers who at times may need respite away from the busy hospital environment
- An area for children to play and socialise, supporting young families visiting the hospital
- A kitchen & dining area offering tea & coffee making facilities
- Other services such as a meeting room, space to sit, read or work, and a GMHBA information corner with supporting health materials