GMHBA with Kieser
Providing home physiotherapy and strength training to help our members be healthier at home
GMHBA is helping members be healthier at home by partnering with Kieser – one of Australia’s leading providers of integrated physiotherapy, rehabilitation and strength training.
This exciting partnership will give members with extras cover access to Kieser physiotherapy with no out of pocket costs, up to your annual limits until 30 September 2020.
What’s more, all GMHBA members will have access to the Kieser Konnect app, which features video strength and conditioning programs compiled by Kieser’s physiotherapists.
Kieser Konnect app
All GMHBA members will have access to Kieser Konnect, which features video strength and conditioning programs compiled by Kieser’s physiotherapists, so anyone can follow elements of the program from home. Training at home with Kieser Konnect can help you maintain your strength, cardiovascular fitness and your immune system.
Your program in the app can also be personalised with a program to suit your specific needs if you have a telehealth consultation with a Kieser physiotherapist.
Kieser is an innovative and structured 12-week program that integrates the benefits of physiotherapy, rehabilitation and strength training. Kieser offers evidence based and individualised programs, with a network of 270 health professionals throughout Australia.
The key focus is on strengthening the muscles to decrease pain and improve function. Kieser can also support clients with delaying or preventing surgery, or to improve the post-surgical outcomes of those who still proceed to surgery.
GMHBA with Kieser FAQs
- GMHBA members with extras cover can claim benefits for Kieser telehealth or face-to-face physiotherapy consultations with no out of pocket costs, up to your annual limits.
- Benefits for Kieser telehealth services will be available until 30 September 2020, however we'll continue to assess the pandemic situation to determine if we need to extend this date
Eligible members will be able to access the GMHBA with Kieser clinical program. To be eligible, you must:
- Have extras cover
- Have a diagnosed chronic musculoskeletal condition, including, but not limited to: osteoarthritis, spinal disc injury, osteoporosis, etc, OR
- Have recurrent or ongoing symptoms for a period of 3-months or more, OR
- Have previously undergone a previous relevant surgical procedure (such as arthroscope)
All GMHBA members will be able to access the Kieser Konnect app. This includes all members on a policy if there are multiple people on one policy.
- The Kieser Konnect app is the official app created by Kieser Australia to track your training.
- The app includes at-home exercises and features video strength and conditioning programs compiled by Kieser’s physiotherapists, so you can follow the elements of the program from home.
- Training at home using the app can help you maintain your strength, cardiovascular fitness and your immune system.
- If you have had a Kieser physiotherapy consultation, your program in the app can also be personalised with a training program to suit your specific needs.
- You can download the Kieser Konnect app from the App Store on iOS devices, or the Google Play Store for android devices.
- Email access will be enabled for GMHBA members, using the same email address that GMHBA has on file as part of your membership.
- After you download the app onto your device, you will also need to provide the following details:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of Birth
- Member Number
- Initial and subsequent telehealth consultations with Kieser will be $99 per consultation – which comes off your extras annual limits for physiotherapy.
- GMHBA members with extras cover will be able to access Kieser telehealth physiotherapy with no out of pocket costs, up to your annual limits.