Published 09 Nov 2023
This quick to prepare meal is perfect for a weeknight and incorporates all the flavours of Spring. This recipe includes your protein and veggies all in the same dish, so it makes preparation and cleaning up a breeze.
Did you know that asparagus is a prebiotic? This means it feeds those good bacteria in the gut which then affect so many areas of your health. Just another reason to get cooking and try this one-pan dish out.
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 30mins
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 200g punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large handful (around 150g) green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 100g feta, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200°C, or 180°C fan forced.
- In a baking dish, drizzle a little olive oil on the bottom, then add the zucchini, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the extra virgin olive oil, oregano, thyme, and lemon zest. Add chicken thighs and stir to coat. Place these on top of the vegetables in the dish.
- Cook for 25 minutes, then remove dish from the oven and add the beans and asparagus on top. Return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with feta before serving.