What is Rehabilitation in the Home (RITH)?
The RITH program allows suitable members to undertake all or part of their rehabilitation within the privacy, comfort and security of their own home.
RITH staff will ensure a home is safe, assess the member’s condition and provide a treatment program aimed at restoring strength and mobility. Services offered may include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing and care coordination.
Members may be suitable following a wide range of medical and surgical conditions including:
- Joint replacement i.e. hip or knee
- Spinal conditions
- Respiratory conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Neurological conditions including stroke
- Mobility problems and recurrent falls
The length of treatment will be based on assessed needs and will be determined by a Care Coordinator in collaboration with the referring doctor.
Who is eligible for RITH?
All GMHBA members with hospital cover have access to RITH.
RITH services may be provided for GMHBA members who wish to receive treatment at home and meet the following criteria:
- Have been assessed as being clinically stable
- Have access to adequate home support such as a carer or caregiver
- Are living in an environment suitable to their needs, i.e. Ramps, handrails where required
- Have adequate telephone access
If you would like to be treated or recover at home via the RITH program, please call GMHBA on 1300 446 422 to check your eligibility.