Epworth Geelong is a not-for-profit private hospital. We combine 95 years’ experience with a team of expert local staff and doctors. We share the same vision - to create an outstanding healthcare facility of choice for the people of Greater Geelong and South West Victoria.
A 5-star hospital for Geelong and Victoria’s South West
Informed by international best-practice in hospital architecture, we’ve ensured the building layout is designed for the best patient experience and clinical settings for today and into the future.
Epworth Geelong hospital facilities include:
- 170 overnight inpatient beds (medical, surgical, obstetrics and rehabilitation) including:
- 6 ICU beds
- 4 special care nursery cots
- 8 complex care unit beds
- Emergency department – 20 treatment spaces
- 7 operating theatres including 1 hybrid
- 4 birthing suites
- 1 catheter laboratory
- 1 procedure room
- A clinical education and simulation precinct
- Private consulting suites and sessional consulting rooms
- Retail space – including pharmacy, pathology and medical imaging
- On-site car parking
Why choose Epworth Geelong for patient care?
Outstanding patient care
We aim to consistently deliver excellent patient-centred care with compassion and dignity. Every area of Epworth Geelong has been designed for the most comfortable patient experience.
Private rooms offer the greatest comfort for recovery
Our inpatient rooms are 100% private. Every room has an ensuite, natural light and large windows providing views of the surrounding landscape. Each is located close to nurse bases for quick access and rapid response times to every patient.
Innovative bedside technology to keep you connected during your stay
All inpatient rooms include our state-of-the-art ‘Point of Care’ technology, offering internet access, entertainment, patient information and more.
Room-service meal delivery
Our tailored room-service meal delivery program lets you order same-day breakfast, lunch and dinners at a time of your choice between 7am and 9pm.
In-house rehabilitation therapies
Rehabilitation therapies for both in and outpatients are supported by facilities such as a hydrotherapy pool and gym. We aim to help you get better and back to normal living sooner.
An abundance of natural light
Natural daylight flows throughout the hospital. Most of Epworth Geelong’s operating suites face south, with large external windows allowing natural light to flow into each theatre.
Ultimate privacy thanks to clever hospital design
Dedicated patient lifts – separate from the public lifts – mean faster staff movements and privacy for patient movement within the hospital.
Key services located in adjacent areas
Procedural areas are located right next door to the intensive care unit. Day oncology and inpatient oncology services are thoughtfully placed side-by-side.
Hospital services to support a growing community
Patients have access to a wide-range of hospital services and medical experts across a number of specialties. These include cardiology, orthopaedics and much-needed neurosurgery. On-site medical imaging, cardiac diagnostics and pathology are all available under the same roof. View our services.
How to choose Epworth Geelong
There are a few ways to choose Epworth Geelong:
- Use the Epworth Geelong Find a Doctor directory or ask for a referral to Epworth Geelong through your local GP or specialist.
- Read the admissions guide for step-by-step instructions.
- In the event of an emergency, go to the Epworth Geelong Emergency Department or ask your ambulance to take you there. Epworth Geelong emergency department is open from 8am till midnight 7 days per week. Patients will incur an out of pocket expense of $215 for attendance. Additional pathology and radiology fees may apply.
- Attend Epworth Geelong to have a test or scan with Epworth Pathology, Epworth Medical Imaging and Cardiac Diagnostic Services located on-site. In most cases you will need a referral from your GP and will need to make a booking for medical imaging and cardiac diagnostics.
Contact Epworth Geelong
Epworth Geelong is located at 1 Epworth Place, Waurn Ponds. Enter the hospital via Pigdons Road, next to Deakin University’s Waurn Ponds campus.
Phone: 03 5271 7777
Fax: 03 5271 7710
Phone: 03 5271 7000
Fax: 03 5271 7799