Access to Connect Rewards balances will close on 30 June 2022
Members have up to 30 June 2022 to use any remaining Connect Rewards balance towards selected services. Connect Rewards will not be available to redeem on services after 30 June 2022, and any unused rewards will be forfeited.
Using your remaining balance
Please be aware of the following important dates should you wish to use your remaining Connect Rewards balance:
30 June 2022
- Connect Rewards can be claimed towards eligible services that have been provided before the closure date
- Connect Rewards are not claimable for Extras services provided after 30 June 2022
- Submit claims for eligible Extras services before 30 June 2022 to claim Connect Rewards
- Connect Rewards for Optical claims, submitted via HICAPS, can be claimed on the spot for services prior to this date
30 September 2022
- Final date that medical out of pocket and hospital excess claims can be submitted to GMHBA to redeem Connect Rewards. Admission date must be prior to 30 June 2022 to be eligible
- Eligible in-patient medical gap claims are automatically paid 60-90 days after hospital admission from your Connect Rewards balance.
Please note that any cover changes prior to 30 June 2022 may result in the loss of any unused Connect Rewards balances.
How to use your remaining rewards to minimise out of pocket
Increase annual limits# for:
Increase major dental benefits including:
#Rewards are only available to be redeemed on services included in your extras cover and only when annual limits have been reached.
How to claim Connect Rewards
How to check your Connect Rewards balance
You can check your Connect Rewards balance by calling our Customer Service Centre on 1300 382 407 or dropping into a branch during business hours.
Members who have an existing Connect Rewards balance are encouraged to contact GMHBA before making changes to their cover. Cover changes prior to 30 June 2022 may result in the loss of any unused Connect Reward balance.
How Connect Rewards worked
Connect Rewards was a tenure-based loyalty program accessible to GMHBA members who joined on eligible combined covers.
Members who continuously held eligible combined cover with GMHBA increased their Connect Rewards balance each year; based on tenure and the level of hospital cover held. The Connect Rewards balance could be used to minimise out of pocket expenses incurred when accessing eligible health services and reducing hospital excess.
When Connect Rewards ceased to accrue in February 2019, GMHBA allowed members until 31 December 2021 to access the remaining balance. This was then extended to 30 June 2022 due to the difficulty of accessing healthcare and using the remaining balance during COVID-19.