The Chronic disease management program (CDMP) assists members who have a chronic disease with care and support to achieve optimal management of their health and to reach their health and wellbeing goals. Chronic diseases are disease processes that last longer than 6 months such as diabetes, heart disease or arthritis.
Remedy healthcare (Remedy) partner with GMHBA to deliver CDMP. Their comprehensive chronic disease management programs use evidence based methods that are proven to reduce risk factors associated with common conditions. Remedy has provided evidence-based, person centred health coaching and home care services throughout Australia since 1998.
Eligibility for the chronic disease management program
Members with hospital or hospital and extras cover and a chronic disease are eligible for CDMP provided by GMHBA at no extra cost.
Members may have a CDMP in place with their General Practitioner and elect to receive additional information and support from GMHBA.
Chronic disease management program offered
Remedy offers members both phone based and home based support and health advice.
Services may include:
- Phone based health coaching, goal setting and monitoring
- Phone and face-to-face intervention and monitoring
- High end complex care coordination
- Information and advice about managing health and returning to wellbeing
- Information and advice on identifying early warning signs of problems and how to manage these problems safely e.g. when to go to the GP or call the ambulance
- Plans to manage on going chronic illness and the acute unwell phases of the disease
- Strategies and plans to help you take action before hospital admission becomes necessary
If you believe you may be eligible for a CDMP contact our call centre for more information on 1300 446 422.
More information about our CDMP can be found on the Remedy Health Care website.