GMHBA understands that some people suffer from chronic diseases which can interfere with their ability to maintain optimal health and wellbeing.
To help members manage their conditions we have introduced a range of chronic disease management programs (CDMP’s).
GMHBA have arrangements with a number of providers to care for our members with chronic diseases.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Phone based health coaching, goal setting and monitoring
- Care coordination
- Information and advice about managing and improving health
- Information and advice on identifying early warning signs of problems and how to manage these problems safely e.g. when to go to the GP or call the ambulance
- Plans to manage both the ongoing chronic and acute episodes of your disease
- Strategies and plans to help you take action before hospital admission becomes necessary
Who can use the CDMP Program?
- Members with any form of hospital cover may apply to participate in the program at no additional cost.
- If you have an existing chronic disease or are at high risk of developing a chronic disease you can contact us directly about a CDMP. GMHBA may also invite you to participate in a CDMP via direct mail correspondence.
CDMP Programs include programs related to:
- Orthopaedic or joint issue
- Cardiac issues
- Diabetes related issues
- Weight management issues
- Anxiety or depression related issues
To enquire or find out more about our CDMP programs email email@example.com.