Care Coordination Service (CCS)
At GMHBA we understand after a hospital stay people with chronic illness may find it hard to organise medical care and get help to live independently. As a result we now offer a Care Coordination Service to eligible members.
What is the Care Coordination Service?
Our Care Coordination Service (CCS) organises care for people who have complicated health problems. The service provides support, information and access to health services at no cost for GMHBA members who hold any level of hospital cover.
Who can use the Care Coordination Service?
When you are admitted to hospital, the hospital will call your health insurer to check your level of health cover. At GMHBA we then go the extra step to check if you are eligible for our Care Coordination Service.
To be eligible, GMHBA members must:
- be over 55 years of age
- be identified as having a chronic disease, such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, stroke, airways disease
- have been in hospital more than three times in two years
- live in the Greater Geelong region
The Care Coordination Service is free to any eligible GMHBA member with hospital cover. Your premium (what you pay for your health insurance) will not be affected by this service.
How does the Care Coordination Service work?
The Care Coordination Service team are skilled Registered Nurses with experience in the management of chronic disease.
Prior to a hospital stay, one of the Care Coordination Service nurses will phone you to discuss how the service could help. They will also ask for your consent to share information with other health care providers, such as your own doctor or hospital staff.
The Care Coordination Service team will develop a care plan for you after your hospital stay, which may include services such as:
- Nursing services
- Meal delivery
- Domestic help
- Organisation of appointments and services with health care providers such as GPs, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals
- Linking members to community support groups, health and wellbeing programs or chronic disease management programs
For further information regarding GMHBA’s Care Coordination Service Call 1300 426 668, email email@example.com or get in contact via the form below.