Paying your premium
Making a payment with GMHBA is easy. Direct debit payments are convenient and available on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly frequency.
If you prefer going into a branch to make a payment, please ensure that your product is eligible for branch payments.
Here are the various ways you can ensure your membership payments are kept up to date:
Need to make a one off payment?
Pay Your Premium Online
You can pay your premium to GMHBA online through our Secure Payment facility.
All you need is your member number.
Pay by phone - 1300 238 959
Payments can be made by credit card over the phone using NAB Transact, simply phone 1300 238 959. Alternately you can use the BPay facility of your financial institution.
Please note: To make a payment via these methods, you will require the reference number from your billing notice.
Regular Payment Options
You can save 2% by having your premiums deducted directly from your bank, credit union or building society account. Billing and reminder notices are not sent if you pay by automatic direct debit.
To set up direct debit payment, choose this option when you join, or download the Direct Debit Service Agreement form and return it to GMHBA.
Need to change which accounts payments are debited from? You can update these details in our online member self service centre.
When you choose this option, your premiums are automatically debited from your MasterCard or Visa credit card each month, quarter, half-year or year – whichever you prefer. Please note that automatic payments from a credit card do not attract the direct debit discount. Billing and reminder notices are not sent if you pay by automatic direct debit.
To set up credit card payment, choose this option when you join, or download the Credit Card Service Agreement form and return it to GMHBA.
You may also be able to save time by having your employer deduct your premiums directly from your salary and sending them to GMHBA. Call our customer service centre on 1300 446 422 or visit a branch to find out if this facility is available to you.
Your premiums can also be paid using any of the following payment method options:
- GMHBA branches – payments can be made in cash, cheque or EFTPOS.
- GMHBA agents – payments can be made in cash or cheque.
- Australia Post – payments can be made in cash, cheque or EFTPOS when you present your billing notice at any Australia Post office with the Billpay facility.
- Pay online – payments can be made by credit card through NAB’s Secure online payment facility, or via the BPay facility of your financial institution.
- Pay by phone – payments can be made by credit card over the phone using NAB Transact, simply phone 1300 238 959. Alternately you can use the BPay facility of your financial institution.
- Mail – payments must be made by cheque, money order or credit card. Please do not send cash by mail.
When making a direct payment either in person or by mail, you must present your billing notice. A billing notice will be sent to you if your premium is paid direct to GMHBA, either monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly in advance.