Recipe thanks to Wholefood Simply
These delicious seedy muesli bars are a super easy, healthy snack option and are generally lower in sugar and higher in fibre than most pre-packaged muesli bars.
Method and ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Into a blender, place:
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 10 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons hulled tahini
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
3. Blend all ingredients together until the mixture has broken down and sticks together.
4. Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper.
5. Pour mixture into the tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
6. Bake for around 20 minutes until starting to turn golden.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool, then place in the fridge to allow it to set prior to slicing. This is important so that it doesn’t crumble.