You will be required to pay $27 for the month. Please see your repayments options^ for further information. If you do need to contribute to your monthly repayment, you will be charged on the 17th of the following month.
Apple Watch Benefit
Apple Watch Benefit
Get Apple Watch.
You can now choose to get an Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 44-mm (valued at $649) and earn your Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 44-mm for reaching every weekly physical activity target over 24 months.*
How does the benefit work?
You’ll need to enter into a loan agreement with AIA Vitality’s loan provider, etika for the loan amount of $649, and set up a direct debit for 24 months. Every week you achieve your physical activity targets, you’ll reduce your loan repayment. Achieve all your weekly physical activity targets in a month and AIA Vitality will cover your entire repayment for that month! If you cancel or change your policy with GMHBA and no longer hold an AIA Vitality membership, you will need to continue making loan payments as per your loan agreement with etika.
|Targets met in a month||AIA Vitality will pay||Your repayment to etika|
|0 weekly targets||$0||$27|
|1 weekly target||$5||$22|
|2 weekly targets||$10||$17|
|3 weekly targets||$15||$12|
|4 or 5 weekly targets||$27||$0|
^The last (24th) monthly payment will be billed at $28. AIA Vitality will cover the full $28 in the last month if all physical activity targets are met.
- If you cancel or change your policy with GMHBA and no longer hold an AIA Vitality membership, you will need to continue making loan payments as per your loan agreement with etika.
- If a member chooses to suspend their health insurance policy the AIA Vitality membership will be terminated and a new AIA Vitality membership will need to be established after the suspension period ends. As such, you will be required to pay out the watch as per the agreement with the loan provider (etika)
- If you activate the Apple Watch Benefit, you will no longer be eligible to select any of the standard $5 Active Benefit target vouchers and donations for the next 24 months.
- You will receive and Apple Store Gift Code (valued at $649) for you to purchase your Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 44-mm at the Apple Store.
- The loan with etika is fixed at $649, you cannot change the loan amount.
- You may choose to purchase the lower priced Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 40-mm (valued at $599) and use the remaining $50 from the Apple Gift Code to purchase another item from Apple Store. Additionally, you can also select a different model or add-on accessories that is greater than $649, however you will need to pay the difference upfront upon checkout. Your Apple Store Gift Code cannot be used at Apple retail stores.
- Apple Watch Series 6 requires an iPhone 6s or later with IOS 14 or later.
- To cover your repayments with etika, you must achieve your Active Benefit target displayed in the AIA Vitality app each week. Closing the rings on your Apple Watch is a seperate measure of your activity levels, and is not used to determine if you've successfully achieved your Active Benefit target.
- If you terminate your AIA policy, all outstanding loan amounts for this benefit will need to be settled in full and directly with etika. Please refer to your loan agreement with etika for more information.
- In case of dispute, the decision of AIA Australia and Apple Watch shall be final.
Terms and Conditions
Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion. Apple Watch is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
*Apple Watch Series 6 requires an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14 or later. Available only to current, activated AIA Vitality members who opt into Active Benefits and activate the Apple Watch Benefit on an iOS device with the AIA Vitality app installed. Member needs to apply for a $649 interest free loan with etika Australia Loan SPV Pty. Ltd. (etika) Loan term is 24 months. Loan amount is $649, the current RRP (as at September 2020) of an Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 44-mm. AIA Vitality will cover all administration and standard interest charges on the loan. The amount AIA Vitality will contribute to loan repayments will depend on the member's level of satisfaction of weekly Active Benefits physical activity targets each calendar month. Member must achieve all weekly Active Benefits physical activity targets each calendar month for AIA Vitality to make all loan repayments on member’s behalf. Member will receive an Apple Store Gift Code ($649 value) to purchase an Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 44-mm online at the Apple Store. If different model or add on accessories also added to cart, member must pay the difference at the time of purchase. If RRP of model chosen is lower than $649, member may use balance of Apple Store Gift Code towards purchase of any other product available online at the Apple Store.
GMHBA members who have activated Vitality and have opted into Active Benefits rewards.
Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 44-mm requires an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14 or later.
You will need to download the AIA Vitality app and select either ‘Vitality Active Benefits’ on the ‘Dashboard’ tab or ‘AIA Vitality Active Benefits’ on the ‘Benefits’ tab and follow the prompts to setup Active benefits.
Billing by the lending provider will occur on a monthly basis. If you do need to contribute to the monthly repayment, you will be charged on the 17th of the following month.
The tracking of Active Benefit targets for a given month will commence on the first Monday of the month and will continue until the Sunday prior to the first Monday of the subsequent month. If a member commences their Apple Watch Benefit part-way through the month, the member will be able to select Active Benefits in the usual way (i.e. select a $5 retail or donation voucher) until their Apple Watch Benefit tracking commences.
24 months. You may choose to pay out the remaining amount by contacting etika directly.
The Apple Watch Benefit is based on the Series 6 (GPS) 44-mm (valued at $649). You may choose to purchase the lower priced Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS), 40-mm (valued at $599) and use the remaining $50 from the Apple Store Gift Code to purchase another item from Apple Store. Additionally you can also select a different model or add-on accessories that is greater than $649, however you will need to pay the difference upfront at Apple Store.
No. If you choose to activate the Apple Watch benefit you will be foregoing the standard benefit vouchers or donations for the next 24 months.
You will be required to continue making loan payments or pay out the Apple Watch as per the loan agreement with etika.
Once all Apple Watch repayments have been completed, members will automatically be able to select participating Active Benefits retail or charity donation partners again. The Apple Watch Benefit is only available once in a 24 month period.