Connect Rewards Plus
Our combined hospital and extras cover allows
you to enjoy the benefits of GMHBA’s member
loyalty program, Connect Rewards Plus.
This program allows members to accumulate
Connect Rewards dollars year on year.
The amount of dollars you receive depends on
how long you have been a GMHBA member and
your level of hospital cover. So, the longer you
have been with us the more rewards dollars you
Here's how it works
The table below details the Connect Rewards
Plus dollars earned based on members tenure
and level of hospital cover.
Connect Rewards Plus benefit entitlements
remain available while combined hospital
and extras cover is maintained continuously.
Benefits listed in this table apply to Family, Couples and Single Parent memberships. Rewards for singles are half those listed in the table.
You can also save money on services not covered
Claim up to 70% off the cost of the following when purchased from a GMHBA approved provider:
- Antenatal class benefits up to $70 per year. (Classes must be provided by the hospital and not included in the hospital contract. Excludes Silver Hospital, Silver Hospital cover).
- Ambulance subscription (claimed once per year). Publicly funded services and State Government Ambulance transport schemes are excluded. Only claimable if ambulance subscription is not already covered within your extras cover.
- Remedial massage (up to $17 per visit).
- Swimming lessons.
- Orthopaedic shoes – must be supplied by a registered podiatrist and be custom made.
- Joint supports.
- Melanoma surveillance photography.
- Nicotine replacement therapy patches.
- Quit smoking programs.
- Blood pressure monitor (limited to one monitor per membership every three years).
- Bowel Cancer Risk Identification Kit (up to 100% of the cost limited to one kit per person every two years).
Please note: Services listed within the program must be provided by practitioners who are registered with recognised bodies approved by GMHBA. Contact us on 1300 446 422 to confirm if a supplier is recognised. A doctors letter of
recommendation may be required to claim some items. For further details, please
review the Important Information Guide or call 1300 446 422.