Bronze hospital covers the following services. For detailed information about restrictions and other important information please refer to our Compare Covers page or the Important Information section of the GMHBA Member Guide.
- Public Hospital accommodation in a shared room (note)
- Same day treatment
- Medical gap cover
- Intensive and coronary care
- Joint reconstruction
- Joint replacement
- Cataract & corneal transplants
- Obstetrics, delivery suite, IVF & related services
- Dental implants
- Surgically Implanted Prostheses (Government Prostheses List group benefits) (note)
- Gastric banding & all obesity surgeries
- Private hospital accommodation
- Single room
Please note benefits for a single room in a public hospital or treatment in a private hospital when using Bronze Hospital cover will result in significant out of pocket expenses.
So if you're only looking to be treated in a public hospital, in a shared room, then Bronze Hospital is the right cover for you. For further information please call us in 1300 446 422.
As a private patient in a public hospital you may have the choice of doctor if that doctor is available and has the rights of private practice at that hospital.
Depending on the situation this may or may not be the same doctor who would have been allocated to you by the hospital as a public patient.