Effective 12th September 2012, members on GMHBA's Platinum and Gold Hospital cover are eligible for a 100% benefit on the Strong Knees Program provided by Corio Bay Sports Medicine Centre.
Helping Arthritic Sufferers
The program consists of a series of exercise and learning sessions designed to achieve optimal strength, mobility and function for mild to moderately osteo-arthritic knees.
The program works strongly towards self-directed management of the problem and aims to give clients a better understanding of treatment options and their relevance. This includes exercises, medications, surgery, supplements and diet.
Structure of the Program
The program involves 2 x 60min sessions per week over a five week period (10 sessions in total) after which time each participant will have developed a very strong sense of an ability to self-manage their problem, as well as develop a resource bank of self-help and practitioner based solutions.
The specific aims of this program are to enable each participant;
- To have a comprehensive management strategy specifically to deal with the problem themselves where possible or appropriate.
- To better understand the disease process and impact of lifestyle, diet, medication and exercise factors
- To achieve an improved quality of life.
- To achieve improved pain levels.
- To be better equipped at self-coping with acute exacerbations
- To delay or avoid surgery.
- To understand the effects of common supplements and alternative remedies.
- To be empowered with an ongoing resource for their problem.
For members to be eligible they must have an active membership with either Platinum or Gold Hospital cover and served the 2 month waiting period prior to program commencement.
For further information or to enrol in the program please contact Corio Bay Sports Medicine Centre on 5221 8822 or email email@example.com