GMHBA’s health and wellbeing program has been designed to provide members with the best possible information and advice.
GMHBA has partnered with Home Support Services (HSS) who have been providing Australians tailored health services for over 22 years. Their comprehensive chronic disease management programs use evidence based methods that are proven to reduce risk factors associated with common conditions.
HSS delivers care utilising proven clinical pathways; transitioning clients into independence through a combination of monitoring, treatment, and client and carer education. HSS does not replace your current arrangement with your General Practitioner (GP) or other health professional, rather HSS is an added layer of support for our members.
We will provide members with three services covered under the Health and Wellbeing program. The services provided are:
For the management of established disease to make sure patients are taking medication, getting regular health checks and are able to spot early warning signs of problems and take action to correct the problem before hospital admission becomes necessary.
Phone & Home Support
- Phone/home disease management program
- Phone and face-to-face interventions and home monitoring
- High end complex care coordination
- For patients who have more complex needs both as a consequence of advanced disease as well as co-morbidities and age related frailty
- These people need face-to-face help with managing their disease combined with phone support and home monitoring. Hospital in the home/ Rehabilitation in the home
- For patients who need admission to hospital but who can be supported to recover at home at a much earlier point in their recovery
- Home rehabilitation programs for orthopaedic, cardiac and reconditioning
- Hospital to home transition programs
For members to be eligible they must have an active membership with either hospital or hospital and extras cover.