GMHBA Lorne Pier to Pub and Mountain to Surf
GMHBA are proud to be back as the major event partner for the 2015 GMHBA Pier to Pub and Mountain to Surf events.
The event is going to be bigger than ever - as is our support of the Lorne Surf Life Saving Club.
About the GMHBA Lorne Pier to Pub
The GMHBA Lorne Pier to Pub is the largest open water swim in the world and is organised by volunteers from the Lorne Surf Life Saving Club. The event is one of the most prestigious open water swims with over 34 years of history.
If you're swimming for the first time, make sure you practice in the pool and do a couple of open water swims so you know what to expect.
During the swim there are a couple of things you should be aware of:
- It can get busy at the start of each wave which can result in you being obstructed by other competitors.
- Ensure you take your time at the start of the race to get your bearings.
- And if you need help at any stage of the race, put your hand up and someone will come and get you.
When: Saturday 10th January 2015
Where: Lorne Surf Life Saving Club, Lorne Victoria.
About the GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf
The GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf is an 8km run starting in Lorne. It takes participants through the forest and along the Great Ocean Road finishing at the Lorne Surf Live Saving Club.
The event caters for a wide variety of fitness levels and abilities.
When: Friday 9th January 2015
Where: Lorne Surf Life Saving Club, Lorne Victoria.
For more information about both events or to register visit www.lornesurfclub.com.au
Win Pier to Pub and Mountain to Surf entries!
To celebrate our involvement in 2015, we are giving away 5 x Pier to Pub swim entries and 5 x Mountain to Surf run entries exclusively to GMHBA members before the ballot opens.
Simply enter your details here for your chance to win.
Terms and conditions apply
GMHBA Pier to Pub and Mountain to Surf entry give away
- The "Promoter" is GMHBA Limited trading as GMHBA Health Insurance ABN 98 004 417 092 of 60-68 Moorabool St Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion constitutes acceptance of these conditions of entry.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia (excluding ACT residents).
- The promotion commences at 7am AEST on 21/10/2014 and closes 5pm AEST on 09/11/2014 ("Promotion Period").
- To enter, you must
- Have registered your details via the online competition entry form located on the GMHBA website.
- There will be 10 winners. The winners will win either 1 x entries into the 2015 Pier to Pub Swim, 1 x entries into the 2015 Mountain to Surf Run.
- Travel arrangements and associated costs are not included in the prize.
- The prize can only be awarded to participants who have supplied valid entries. The judge's decision is final.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. The value of the prize is accurate as at the commencement of this promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another item for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Entries received outside of the Promotion Period will not be accepted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over networks and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The winners will be notified by email and their name will be published on GMHBA's Facebook page on or after the 10/11/2014.
- Directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees including defacto, step children/parents/siblings and adopted family members) of the Promoter or agencies or companies associated with the Promoter are not eligible to enter.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office's stated view that where the parties are at arm's length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this Promotion. The Promoter may disclose entrants' personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory gaming authorities. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting GMHBA Health Insurance on 1300 446 422.